Terms & Conditions
What you can expect from us
We’re excited to work with you in your business, here’s what we’ll do:
- Complete the services outlined in your package or agreed fee letter to an excellent standard
- Act professionally in our conduct and communications
- Be available and offer flexibility to suit you
- Adhere to our personal promise of a same day response, a 31 day turnaround time on your accounts and stick to our agreed fees statement
What we expect from you as a client
Because we’re working together, we’ll need you to do a few things too:
- Communicate with us efficiently – we may have a query about your accounts to go over or need to book a meeting with you. We use email, phone and snail mail to communicate with our clients, and require a timely response in order to compete your work
- Give us as much information as possible – when we schedule your work, we will provide you with checklists and correspondence about what we need for your accounts. We can’t start your annual work until we have all the source documents
- Pay your bill on time – we’re a business just like you, so paying your bill on time means we can pay our bills on time! If you run in to a problem with your fees, please let us know so we can work out a solution
Fees rendered by our firm will be generally agreed with an ‘upfront pricing agreement’ based on the value of time spent on each assignment. If no agreement has been made, then the fees charged will be on the value of time spent on each assignment.
To confirm your acceptance of our fee estimate and related services, you will receive an agreed fee letter to sign and return. Alternatively, receipt of your records also confirms acceptance of this estimate.
Our standard fees are based on the time it takes us to do the work and the experience and qualifications of the people involved. Our more experienced people will deal with more complex and high value work – naturally at a higher hourly rate.
We generate monthly interim fee invoices during the compilation of the annual financial statements with a final invoice upon completion of your work.
Payment is due on the 20th of the month following the invoice date and we reserve the right to charge interest on overdue fees.
We have several payment options available including FeeSmart.
You are the judge of our performance. If you think the fee is excessive for the work done or if you are dissatisfied with our work we invite you to contact Peta Walker, who will investigate without cost to you and suggest a remedy. If you are still not happy you may also lay a complaint with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants.